Sunday, 5 March 2017

Major Project - 4th work


4th Major Work

 
 
  • 4th room's theme : A related life
 
  • Adult women (30-40 years old)
 
 
I recalled a comfortable life by enjoying hobbies at the first when I thought about my thirty. I think people who are thirties need to take a rest, enjoying their leisure lives because they might spend busy times working hard in their twenties. Thus, I wanted to design a special room for women who need a rest.
 The main key point of this room will be some furniture and objects which are concerning their hobbies, so I needed to find hobbies that I will use in my interior design.
 
 




I read a sentence while researching, "Women have long been associated with nature - metaphorically, as in 'mother Earth', for instance." in extracts of Judith Plant's journal.
Actually, I like the world "mother Earth" because I can feel mother's preciousness and importance when I recall the word. I chose the plants as the best hobby for women in their thirties. My mother also like growing the plants, so I wanted to design a room by using the plants.
 
 


  • Making Process
 

 
⇩
 

 
⇩
 
 




⇩
 
 

 
⇩
 


 

  • The fourth work
 
Overall image
 
Right view
 
Front view
 
Left view
 
Back view
 
  
 (detail view)
⇣
 
  
This part shows the collection of her hobbies, such as collecting wines, magazines ,art paintings and plants.




 




Reflection; While designing this room, I recalled my mother because she also enjoys collecting the wines and plants for her hobby. I considered how I can harmonize all aspects before starting designing, since I needed to combine their hobby and their life (for sleeping, dressing and taking a rest). However, as far as I'm concerned, it was quite easy to combine. Hobby can be melted in people's lives easily by just putting the near surrounding. I realized that some objects that I thought it was just decoration are not simple decoration factor, but the important factors which people can express their lives.


 


 
 
➥Reference
 

No comments:

Post a Comment